Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2.0.1.2.

what will you bring?

we had a beautifully refreshing staycation, and today i'm back at work......in 6 days, mike will start his job at booz allen (hurray!!!!).  we were reading in job this morning......it was fascinating to me to read of God's power, and think of how He controls the things we take for granted, like the weather:


"God thunders wondrously with His voice;
He does great things that we cannot comprehend.
"For to the snow He says, ‘Fall on the earth,’
likewise to the downpour, His mighty downpour."
~Job 37:5-6


what i can't comprehend is that THIS God, who is powerful beyond anything a human could ever do, would genuinely and specifically love me....send His Son to die, for me.  i don't know a single parent would have their child killed to save anyone else - and God did it for someone who hated Him.  i cannot earn His love - even the "good" things i swear to do, i fail in.  yet He loves me, and forgives me.  i wouldn't have do this, for anyone....but i'm so, so glad He did it for me.

so hello, 2012.  i'm very glad that no matter what you hold, i am forgiven my sins, and loved by my Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment