Friday, December 23, 2011

Graduation Day

Shout for joy to God, all the earth;
sing the glory of his name;
give to him glorious praise!

Dear face, in a sea of black

Come and see what God has done:
he is awesome in his deeds toward the children of man.


 Walking up the aisle, at long, long last 

Say to God, “How awesome are your deeds!

Michael J. DeCarlo, Bachelor of Science in Applied Statistics

  For you, O God, have tested us;
you have tried us as silver is tried.
...yet you have brought us out to a place of abundance.

Dear Dr. Sinha, Mike's adviser and mentor

There did we rejoice in him,
who rules by his might forever,
whose eyes keep watch on the nations—
let not the rebellious exalt themselves.

Proud, proud in-laws

Come and hear, all you who fear God,
and I will tell what he has done for my soul.

Fiercely supportive and joyous parents

All the earth worships you
and sings praises to you;
they sing praises to your name.

To see my love in his cap and gown, to know we're done...

Bless our God, O peoples;
let the sound of his praise be heard,
who has kept our soul among the living
and has not let our feet slip.

Heart full.

I will come into your house with burnt offerings;
I will perform my vows to you,
that which my lips uttered
and my mouth promised when I was in trouble.

We are so grateful!!!!!!!

If I had cherished iniquity in my heart,
the Lord would not have listened.
But truly God has listened;
he has attended to the voice of my prayer.
Blessed be God,
because he has not rejected my prayer
or removed his steadfast love from me!

(excerpts of Psalm 66)

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you did this, Kati! What a tribute to God for
    his everlasting grace, mercy and faithfulness and to Michael
    for persevering through all these years! - Mom

    ReplyDelete